The ‘Shannon Matured label’ a premium top quality Irish beef was launched in 2009. Beef sold under this label has been traditionally matured on the bone for a minimum of 11 days to provide a rich flavour.
The decision to developed this brand was drivien by growing demand from the catering trade to supply consistently tender and flavoursome quality Irish beef.
As with all our brands the success of this label is based on the consistently high quality beef that we supply coupled with a our quality service. To maintain this together with C&J Meats we have formed strategic alliances with a select number of abattoirs in Ireland who facilitate the daily hand-selection of carcase beef.
The unique relationships we have built in Irish meat circles has positioned Shannon Meats well; guaranteeing us first choice of under 24 month heifer beef of a carcass weight between 280-310kgs from Hereford and Aberdeen Angus beef breeds.
Beef for the Shannon Matured Label is selected by hand on conformation, fat covering and marbling.
With the Shannon Matured Label you are guaranteed tender and tasty high quality beef from extensive grass-based farming systems.
- First choice of premium quality beef
- Hand-selected by meat specialists
- Extensive grass-based farming
- Exclusively young heifer beef under 24 months of age
- Hereford and Angus beef breeds
- Slaughter weights from 280-310kgs
- Selected on conformation, fat cover and marbling
- 11-14 days matured on the bone
- Vaccuum packed with a shelflife of 28 days
- Traceable from farm to fork.
The ‘Shannon Matured Label’ is available for select beef cuts namely:
- topside and
- fillet of beef
As with all the beef we supply, we guarantee fully traceability back to the farm of origin. All our beef is sourced from farms who are members of the Bord Bia Meat Producer Quality Assurance Scheme.